Sunday, July 19, 2009

A year from yesterday

was the last time I saw my mom alive. The last time I kissed her, told her how much I loved her. On Thursday it will be a year since she lost her battle with cancer. Hard to believe that the year has gone by so quick. I think while the week ahead will be hard, I think as it passes it might be a little easier to go on. I am so lucky to have such a great support system, and was so lucky to have her for twenty-six years of my life. Yet I feel like I need her more everyday, the things I would give up to be able to hear her voice on the phone, hug her, and just sit in a room with her. I think the thing that makes it the worst is that I don't have a reason why God took her away at forty-eight...took her away from a family that still needs her so badly. These unanswered questions are the ones that tear my heart into pieces.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

I am so sorry. It breaks my heart to read about your loss.

Lucy Marie said...

I am so sorry. Thinking of you and praying for you this week.

Jessi said...

Thanks for the prayers...they are much needed in the next couple days.

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

this breaks my heart i'm praying for you right now. If you ever need anyone to talk 2 you can email me.. kristenann34@yahoo.com or just simply come by the palace. i'm thankful God has given me the words to share with others, seriously after all I have been through, and he forgave me for that, anyone and i mean anyone can be forgiven. Have faith girl.. and God will carry you the rest of the way. Love & Prayers!