Thursday, April 9, 2009

I think I may puke


due to these little guys up above. I may have even had numerous nightmares this week. Let me explain, in case you do not know what the above pesky little insects are, they are a homeowners worst nightmare. Yes, TERMITES. On Sunday we were trimming the dead branches off the lilac bush when my husband cut through the wood and handed it to me. I immediately noticed these little suckers feasting on dinner. I was quick to tell my husband that the piece of wood he just gave me contained live termites. He told me I was crazy...then after slamming the wood onto the sidewalk he was convinced also. Thanks to my mother-in-law who came to the rescue with some bug spray. We quickly removed the whole bush inspecting as we went, we wanted to make sure they were all removed. Now the small problem is the fact that the bush sits about 12 inches away from the house. I quickly go into panic mode. You need to understand that I am TERRIFIED of these little boogers for the mere fact that they will eat me out of my home. This all started June 2007 when we got our home inspection. The inspector made us aware he found some non active tunnels in the basement. We had it inspected then by a pest control company who went on to tell us there was no infestation, and no sign of damage. We then proceeded to get the house treated and having the seller split the cost so I could sleep at night. Fast forward almost two years and I have forgot about the little devils. Luckily I pulled up the contract, called the pest company and was made aware they are responsible for any new signs within the two years and must spray at no cost to us. So all night I have been down in the basement imagining the worst and looking for evidence of a new infestation. Call me crazy, but I am past the point of being paranoid. My husband is ready to shot me, and I think I have made myself physically ill.
Hopefully the guy who did the inspection will call me back tomorrow, so we can get this over with and I can sleep once again! If you have nothing better to do, please pray that this is an fragment of my imagination and I return to normal soon. Has any one else ever had to deal with these pesky insects?



6 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh no! I hope there are none in the house!! (Nice that the bug guys will come back for free.)

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck! At least you can get your house sprayed again at no cost.

mary evelyn said...

oh my gosh, thank goodness no! i would be just as paranoid/sick as you are.

Lucy Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. Consider me a follower of yours as well. I hope that your days messing with nasty little guys are long gone. I would be paranoid too - I think that's to be expected.

the undomesticated wife said...

We've not had any in our house, though when we were in the process of buying it, the inspector said they were in part of the fence out back. Because Texas is notorious for having termites, you can't get your mortgage loan without having them treated. So when the house/property has them, the sellers pretty much automatically know they have to treat them in order to sell.

Fingers crossed that we don't get them inside.

I will say that last summer we rented a beach house on the Gulf like we usually do, and we had a termite problem there. I agree...they are gross!

I hope yours are gone soon!!

Wearing Mascara said...

OMGGGGG I would be having nightmares too! Hang in there!

Also, just wanna let you know that my blog has switched to WordPress and for many people it's not showing up in their readers. Visit: wearingmascara.com to make sure it's showing up properly! (You may have to delete and then add it again). xoxo,

Julie