Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a little update

Well I would like to scream for joy that the termites are officially NOT in our house! The termite guy came out this past Friday while my husband was home and looked everything over. I was a little nervous that my husband was not going to remember all of my questions, but he is wonderful and got them all out. The inspector told us the lines in the steps were from the previous infestation almost over twenty years ago. What a relief! I have been walking on pins and needles for the last two weeks. He told us that we would have seen numerous tunnels in the basement if they were active. So since our house is 80 years old anyways he suggested that we just redo the landing...which we were going to work on anyways this summer. Now on to worrying about something other than these creepy crawlers!

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

That is good news!! I'm glad to hear it. I noticed you also have Stellan's button your sidebar. I've organized a prayer vigil for him to cover him and his family in prayer for the entire day tomorrow as he undergoes his surgery. If you are interested, there are still a few spots waiting to be filled!!

The Mrs. said...

Yikes I would die at just the thought of termites. It's kinda like lice, you kinda just itch thinking about them! Glad to hear your house is healthy!

Taryn said...

Hurray! I am so happy for you. Ick!