Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feline acne!?!

So I never knew there was such a thing as kitty acne! Casey has had this "dirt" like substance around his lip and chin. At first I thought it was a flea colony, but as researched more and tried to look closely, it looks like he has what is called FELINE ACNE. Now I am totally freaking out the more I read, the Internet can be a horrible thing at times. I remember when my mom got cancer and I started googling about it, BIG mistake. Well the good thing is Casey goes in next Tuesday to get neutered so we can ask the vet if this is a correct diagnosis. I just feel so bad for the little guy, it feels like it hurts! Gosh am I going to be a mess when I have kids if I am a mess over a kitten with some blackheads!



2 comments:

Grasso10 said...

I remember our Boxer had acne as well on his chin...and it took everything in me to NOT try and pick & pop them! (Gross I know!)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

My little cocker spaniel had puppy acne on her belly. They didn't look like zits as much as scabs. It was so itchy for her, but an antibiotic cleared it up in a few days. Good luck!